BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do all! any idea if i can get a chip copyed? i bought a chip from a guy on ebay and on dismantling my ecu discovered that i need 2 of the buggers!!!:mad iv emailed the guy and had a bit of a moan coz it said nob all about it needing 2 (as some require 2). if all else fails then il get a plane to latvia and pay him a visit with my dobermann!!!:hihi:hihi

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
how do all! any idea if i can get a chip copyed? i bought a chip from a guy on ebay and on dismantling my ecu discovered that i need 2 of the buggers!!!:mad iv emailed the guy and had a bit of a moan coz it said nob all about it needing 2 (as some require 2). if all else fails then il get a plane to latvia and pay him a visit with my dobermann!!!:hihi:hihi
Not possible Jimm love....

The two chips will contain different code and maps so you would need two 'new' eproms for your exact car and ECU... time to leave some negative feedback or get Paypal involved if you used them.

They will refund you straight away if you tell them the goods were only partly supplied/faulty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just put my ecu together with the bmw chip and it wont start:eek! no glow plug light:confused!! if i buy another ecu ews box and key will it work in my car! im avin a f**cking knitemare ere!!!:mad:mad:mad:mad

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell me your ECU number and if you can -software version!!! For TDS engines on E36 allways have two chip's ,so if you tell me ECU number and software version i'll try to help you
hi there, thats very kind of you, thankyou! i will attach a picture! it appears that the chips are facing different ways when plugged in, is this right?:confused

·
Registered
125 Posts
I used to copy EPROM & EEPROM CHIPS years ago shame i'm not with OLIVETTI anymore. To clear this type of chip you need to remove the label & place it in a Light box similiar to a sunbed then place it in an Eprom copier with the Master chip sitting in its appropriate slot. Only takes 10 Minutes:sarcastic

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well thanks for all the replys, the car is now up and running again. paypal have said that im entitled to my money back for the chip i bought so thats some good news! il leave the prick that sold it to me some negative feedback!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.