BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some advice ? My 56 plate e60 2.5d auto with 79,000 miles has come up with the check engine management light (orange) i did a full service on the car a few days ago getting it ready for its mot test.I changed the fuel filter oil filter and the air filter and engine oil fully synthetic 5x30 long life low ash, for some reason this light has appeared, i have had the light taken off 2x but its coming back on, i tried to find what was wrong on the onboard computer and found (increased emissions) just what i need when it is coming up to its mot test!
I went back and refitted the air filter just to make sure it was correctly fitted checked the fuel filler cap was shut properly!
could anyone shed any light on the problem i.e any one else had this problem ? Or one like this and what caused it?

Thanks kev.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right ! update on the car put a (c110 bmw) scanner on it and it came up with
(4212 cylinder 1)
(4232 cylinder 3)
(4242 cylinder 4)
(3ff1 airmass flow sensor )
took the engine management light off took it for a quick spin on the motorway just to see if it was still ruining ok as it was still running as it should when the engine management light was on?
at around a mile or so up the motorway it when into what i think must be limp mode as i lost a lot of the power it wouldn't accelerate and seam to be holding on to gears much longer came off motorway and limped home no engine management light came on and no light to tel me i was in limp mode i am just presuming it was limp mode?
plugged the scanner back in and it came up with all of the above codes plus this one ?
(3f25 charge air tube monitoring )
could really do with some help here boys car is sat out side un drive able stuck in limp mode?
cheers kev!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Check all the vacuum pipes they tend to split at the ends and you might have dislodged one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a good look around it today and i carnt find anything everything seams to be where it should be took the codes off again, took it on the motorway same as yesterday and was running just fine all its power was back pulled like a train in each gear no lights and no limp mode if thats what it was that append yesterday and no smoke everything back to normal i would have thought some kind of light would come on the dash to tell me i was in limp mode?
any way took it back home put the reader back on and the only code that was back on was the 3ff1 air mass flow censer ?
i have sent for a new air mass censer in the hope that will sort the problem, but i have got a horrible feeling it wont, cant really understand why it would come up with codes for cylinders 1,3, and 4 if the problem is the air flow censer? but i am no mechanic so what do i know. the engine starts on the button like always from cold ticks over smoothly no smoke on start up, or weight until its warmed up and give it a boot full still no smoke and pulls like train in every gear.
cheers kev

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
not good throwing money at maybe fixes,,get a proper diagnostic test done,,cheap crap which can lead you down the garden path, them cheap tools like c110 etc,foxwell/carly/bimmertool or the best ista/inpa

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i understand where you are coming from but thats all i have access to at the moment !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts