BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I drive a BMW 1 series (66 plate), Diesel. Randomly. when I started my car earlier at work (had been sat all day) the wanting light/screen notification came on to say my engine coolant was too low and I needed to top it up. I drove home via Halfords and picked some up yet when I got back in the car the warning had gone and there where no issues/warnings on the OBC.

Does anyone have any ideas? Of course, when the car has had time to cool down I'll check it and if it needs topping up do so but thought it strange given it hasn't long been services etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Ben

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check to see if your car needs the EGR cooler recall doing.This was the first sign when mine needed doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember seeing that online before but my car wasn't on the models or year they gave. That said, it has been to BMW since then and they check when they put the fob in the computer if there are any recalls. I've just topped it up anyway and will ring the dealership tomorrow 1) about the service as it should have been done on the service in November and 2) just to check the EGR cooler recall. :)

Ben

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine never showed up on the lists of models/years affected, nor the DVLA system or even the dealers system. In the end the dealer asked BMW direct and they said it was part of the recall but would have been a later addition to the recent campaign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Get it checked, probable symptom of failing EGR. I’ve had two (X4 35d f26).

Swift check advisable, might not be related, similar symptoms before bonfire on colleagues BMW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts