BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Im new here so please be nice. In April il i took my car into a BMW dealership as it had a EGR related recall, so they did what they had to do and after a while my car started to get thesr weird problems like twitching when shifting up or revs just freeze for like a fraction of a second and it feels like there's a loss of power as well... So i took it to a local garage for the guys to plug the diagnostics in and it came up with 6 engine warnings and all related to EGR. Now when I told them that it comeback from a EGR recall they had told me to take it bavk to the dealership as iys their fault and they should fix it for free. Ive booked my car in and BMW had told me if its their fault they'll fix it for free and if its not they will be charging me £177 for an hours diagnostics. What are the chances that these problems are not related to the recall as i really dont wanna be spending £177 for an hours work. Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
if they have been doing the egr recall etc,,,did they clear the codes after the work done,,when i got mine back for heater module etc,,,i ran diags and had faults for this etc,,cleared them and been off since,around 8 months ago,,so maybe they never cleared the codes as with mine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts