BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My Flexi pipe from the EGR cooler to manifold had snapped so I decided to remove the EGR cooler and EGR valve all together with a blanking kit.

I've fitted everything as it should be but now the car has a very strong exhaust/burning smell in the cabin and outside the car.

I need to check the blanking plate that covers the manifold flange is tight enough but I did tighten.

I did lose quite a bit of coolant when removing the hoses to the cooler and was wondering whether it's the coolant burning off that I can smell?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whilst I understand what you say, my post said that the Flexi pipe from cooler to manifold was cracked. Therefore the cooler needed to be removed. I bought a kit that removed the whole lot including the EGR valve.

I'm happy with it being removed I just need to know what is causing the smell I'm getting.

·
Super Moderator
3,647 Posts
It could be that the flexi part after cat/DPF is also perished and now with EGR blocked the problem is manifesting itself.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have a look at this item on ebay, 264260460128 This is an example of an egr pipe that I have used on a few occasions to replace the cooler, It's a direct replacement for the cooler even though it from a 4 cylinder motor. all you have to do is plug the water hoses, don't make the mistake of joining them together. If your car was otherwise running fine then this is a better alternative to removal.

·
Vendor
4,358 Posts
If the egr pipe has snapped the exhaust manifold may of been removed before and not put back in the right place (further back) which causes the egr pipe to be stretched which causes them to snap

Also you need to check where the exhaust leak is coming from before you pass out at the wheel while driving

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have checked that there is no other leak.

Bwchiptune, can you tell me as I've removed the EGR all together....will my DPF still regen as normal?

·
Vendor
4,358 Posts
It will depend on how and who has removed what in the ecu software

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+447831103030

1 - 9 of 9 Posts