BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New on this forum. Just bought 330d with egr delete. How do I go about re enabling this? / Process? And costs please?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Has it been replaced or just mapped out.
If the original Egr is still there it was more than likely mapped out and you would need it remapped again to tour it back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has it been replaced or just mapped out.
If the original Egr is still there it was more than likely mapped out and you would need it remapped again to tour it back on.
Hey Alan thanks for your reply. I believe a blanking plate was fitted and was remapped. Isit a case of removing this and remapping again? What would cost be?
. Ive been told the dpf has also been removed. Not sure if this linked?? Thanks J

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Not sure on the cost as prices vary sory.
The DPF if removed would cost a fortune to replace.
Why do you want to put it all back to standard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Alan. I've just read that if you get stopped you can have your vehicle taken off you or receive a fine for egr delete? Not sure how true this is???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Alan. I've just read that if you get stopped you can have your vehicle taken off you or receive a fine for egr delete? Not sure how true this is???
I’ve never heard of this before. DPF maybe, but EGR no. It’s well covered in the engine bay and if it’s already gone, personally I’d leave it as they cause more problems than they ever solved.
How likely are you to be stopped, either by the DVLA doing inspections, or by a vehicle examination trained traffic officer? I’d suggest that’s highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve never heard of this before. DPF maybe, but EGR no. It’s well covered in the engine bay and if it’s already gone, personally I’d leave it as they cause more problems than they ever solved.
How likely are you to be stopped, either by the DVLA doing inspections, or by a vehicle examination trained traffic officer? I’d suggest that’s highly unlikely.

Hey Karlos thanks for your reply mate. It's only as it's a new thing for me as haven't had a car that's had the delete done on it and was questioning the legality etc. Cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's very unlikely that any dvsa or police officer would know where to look for an egr valve or a dpf.
As long as it passes an MOT, I'd not worry about it.

·
Administrator
11,742 Posts
It's very unlikely that any dvsa or police officer would know where to look for an egr valve or a dpf.
As long as it passes an MOT, I'd not worry about it.
Although i haven't heard of anyone being fined for EGR delete it is covered under the same regs as the DPF
The last time i looked up if anyone had been fined for removal of the DPF its was over 1000 vehicle's and that was many years ago so it does happen and DVSA does have equipment to verify its not there but there are so few officers that its unlikely to happen to most owners just a few unlucky ones

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although i haven't heard of anyone being fined for EGR delete it is covered under the same regs as the DPF
The last time i looked up if anyone had been fined for removal of the DPF its was over 1000 vehicle's and that was many years ago so it does happen and DVSA does have equipment to verify its not there but there are so few officers that its unlikely to happen to most owners just a few unlucky ones
Thanks for the replies guys. Tbh I'd rather not risk it and wanted to understand the process of re enabling the egr and dpf? I've told that it would need to be remapped again? Does any one have an idea of the cost of enabling EGR & DPF? Thanks guys

·
Registered
42 Posts
To re-fit the EGR, you’d have to get hold of one, whether second hand or brand new, which won’t be cheap, then it’s a case of re-fitting, which won’t be too hard. I’d imagine it’s just the reverse of many a removal video on YouTube. It doesn’t have to be coded in again as long it’s there, nobody examining your vehicle would or could check it any further.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts