BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my blacklines on ebay last week and where sent to the post office last tuesday the buyer is still complaining he hasnt received them an has raised a dispute and is whinging that he's not happy as he hasnt recieved them in time for a present. Can he just claim he jasnt recieved them and I dont have a leg to stand on? They arnt recorded but are insured and I have the post office receipt as proof of postage please help :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
the post office have lost stuff i have posted before. and put the wrong postcodes down..
a right pain in the arse. but as long as you have kept the reciept hopefully they will give you the monies back.
its a little early for him to be raising a dispute though...

·
Registered
314 Posts
What did you post it as, standard parcel? if so you have 5 working days (excluding the day you sent it) to play with, plus Royal Mail are probably still behind from Christmas.

If it has been lost then the buyer has a right to a refund and you'll have to claim the money back from Royal Mail (see here).

If it was sent via standard parcels, then the maximum you can claim is the value of 100 1st class stamps which is £46.

However if you paid for extra insurance which can be either £100, £250 or £500, then you can claim up to that value.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies :)

Well as im from NI i told him to calm down as sometimes it does take it a few days longer to make it across o England but it has been insured for £200 but i just dont know if hea tryibg to pull a fly one

·
Registered
493 Posts
postoffice lost something i sold a while ago, the buyer claimed the money back. It took me about 6 months to get the money from royal mail. Truly appalling service from them, yet theres nothing you can do. I ALWAYS get recorded delivery now, if it wasn't for that i think the claim would have been even harder.

·
Registered
431 Posts
This happened to me TWICE while getting shot of the stuff i won from the Gadget show!

Both times though, I had to pay the buyer their money back and then fill in a form from the post office and they gave me the money back.

All worked out well from my end (got my money), but the buyer could quite easily have "said" they didn't arrive when they had and got em for free.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Foolishbean thats what im worried about that the p***k is basically getting a set of blacklines for free :mad

·
Registered
314 Posts
Foolishbean thats what im worried about that the prick is basically getting a set of blacklines for free :mad
If you've paid for extra insurance then they'll have to sign for it on delivery. So if it never gets signed for then theres a good change they'll never receive it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah that's the moral of the story, you gots to pay for that signed delivery if you care if it gets there or not.

So long as you get your money it's all good.

Only problem with recorded delivery is that on some items eBay enforces "maximum shipping costs" and doesn't let you charge enough to cover the recorded shipping!

Personally i prefer to get stuff non recorded, on ebay at least cause you can get your cash back if it doesn't arrive, and it means I don't have to go the the feckin' post office before work to pick it up cause there's never anyone in, and even if there is our tw4t of a postman often just puts a "sorry we missed you" card through the door without knocking!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts