BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm up and ready to fix my BMW! I still can't believe I actually own it :)

My mate owns a shop that sells lots of car parts, and he has a set of genuine BMW hoses, so I'm off to collect them now!

He says he doesn't want any money for them so I'll give him some beers or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I got back 20 minutes ago, and couldn't help myself! As well as the hoses I got a thermostat, spark plugs, HT leads and a new oil filter so I can change the oil. Of course I paid for the extra things!

I just opened the bonnet up, shined my torch down, and that weak bottom radiator hose is still connected at both ends... However there is a big space inbetween where a 7" piece of the hose has ripped out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha! Well I've changed the hoses, emptied the oil pan, removed the oil filter & fuel filter, and am just about to fill up with oil, put a new fuel filter and oil filter in, replace the thermostat, put the new plugs and leads in, and fill up with 55:45 OAT coolant! :D

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Haha! Well I've changed the hoses, emptied the oil pan, removed the oil filter & fuel filter, and am just about to fill up with oil, put a new fuel filter and oil filter in, replace the thermostat, put the new plugs and leads in, and fill up with 55:45 OAT coolant! :D
Bonus. Its good to get an early start and get it done....:thumbsup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All done. The Bimmer is sitting outside my house warming up before I give her a drive!

I was all happy getting the BMW serviced, but as soon as I got in the phone rang and there is a problem with the delivery of a new stock of showroom cars for my Vauxhall dealership, so I guess the first drive with fresh coolant and oil will be to try and sort this out. Argh!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Good man, the early bird catches the worm as they say!

Glad its all sorted mate, least it was nothing serious.

Nothing worse than driving home a good distance with your new toy listening out for any dodgy noises etc but that mustve kept you on your toes waiting for it to empty its coolant all over the motorway:rofl

Enjoy your new bimmer mate:thumbsup

·
Registered
992 Posts
Glad you have it sorted mate.Now wheres the pic`s lol

·
Banned
144 Posts
nice early good job wanna come down and service mine? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts