BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mike

Do i buy a readily available 325 vert and look to get remapped or wait to find a 330 (or ignore costs and get a 335)? i know the engine is principally the same in the 325 and 330.

Advice appreciated on the reality of upgrading a 325.

Cheers

Mark

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Hi Mike

Do i buy a readily available 325 vert and look to get remapped or wait to find a 330 (or ignore costs and get a 335)? i know the engine is principally the same in the 325 and 330.

Advice appreciated on the reality of upgrading a 325.

Cheers

Mark
Hi mate.. if your after power then the 335i.. But if your getting a 325i.. yes the map well , not a numbers game but they drive so well after the map... loss of flat spots more responce well worth doing..

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
488 Posts
depends on what you crave. can only speak for the 325 and its just acceptable i'd say...as it stands in the pecking order i.e the gap filler between the 320 and the 330...its is exactly that!!!
try getting on some test drives of the 3 variants to see for yourself

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I'm looking forward to test driving in my Easter hols so will post a verdict. Addicted to autotrader currently. A 335, auto with Nav, one owner, 19,000 was advertised at a volvo main dealer a month or so ago for £19,000! Not convinced they knew what they had otherwise it would have been £3000 more expensive - wife would not let me buy though! With hind sight should have got a divorce!

·
Registered
517 Posts
The 335i is so good that if it becomes a choice between an E93 325/330 or E92 335i because of cost, the 335i will provide easily the biggest grin factor.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I'm looking forward to test driving in my Easter hols so will post a verdict. Addicted to autotrader currently. A 335, auto with Nav, one owner, 19,000 was advertised at a volvo main dealer a month or so ago for £19,000! Not convinced they knew what they had otherwise it would have been £3000 more expensive - wife would not let me buy though! With hind sight should have got a divorce!
That was cheap !!!

That's private money for a well cared for private sale.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If it's pure power, then the 330 or 335, but you have to look at the bigger picture,eg., running costs, insurance, servicing, and depreciation overall, the 325.
With the increase in fuel costs spiralling upwards daily, bigger engined cars are being hit hardest, and prices are falling like stones. If it's a daily driver, then maybe you need a compromise, but if it's an occasional/weekend car, then go with your heart, and accept that it's going to cost you big time overall!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts