BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted some advice.

One rear shock is blown on e92 330d. I suspect I will need to replace both on the rear axle. Any idea of the ballpark this is likely to set me back?

I've also heard that at the same time, the upper and lower mounts should also be replaced - is this true? If so, how much extra is this likely to cost?

Many thanks for your help!

·
Registered
115 Posts
You should always change in pairs anyway, recently done e92 rear shocks and springs. Sachs shocks for m sport suspension were £50 each I think from autocroc ,I didn’t change the mounts as they were in perfect condition.
Labour wise at a garage I would imagine 1.5 hours per side would be about the going rate,but cannot be sure as did mine myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should always change in pairs anyway, recently done e92 rear shocks and springs. Sachs shocks for m sport suspension were £50 each I think from autocroc ,I didn’t change the mounts as they were in perfect condition.
Labour wise at a garage I would imagine 1.5 hours per side would be about the going rate,but cannot be sure as did mine myself.
Thanks that's helpful 👍🏽

·
Registered
2013 F11 503d
312 Posts
There is a locating rubber mount on the bottom of the dampers of the E90's which is well worth inspecting and replacing while you at it. Assuming it is the same as the E92. They are not expensive and only two bolts.
Automotive tire Camera accessory Rim Cameras & optics Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a locating rubber mount on the bottom of the dampers of the E90's which is well worth inspecting and replacing while you at it. Assuming it is the same as the E92. They are not expensive and only two bolts.
View attachment 275969
Jeez, that one looks well worn!! Great thanks for this, I'll get it looked at.. might as well change it actually! 👍🏽

1 - 5 of 5 Posts