BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I know the pre LCI has a light tunnel, and therefore the outer ring will never be as bright as the inner. But I feel like mine is particularly bad. Is there anything I can do to improve this? I had given in to the fact it will never look right, but I've seen a couple of cars older than mine recently, one with orange and one white halos, both had both rings lit right up so it gave me a glimmer of hope

I have H8 CREE bulbs to make it white, and the outer ring is so bad. Can hardly see them in daylight driving.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H8-120W-Angel-Eyes-CREE-LED-Marker-Halo-Light-Bulbs-BMW-E90-E92-E60-E61-X5-X6-Z4/131998031873?epid=2086483606&hash=item1ebbb22001:g:~2wAAOSwjylaq7NS

I've seen another set up that claims to light both rings like the below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E60-E61-E63-E64-E82-E87-E92-E93-E70-E71-E90-M3-Angel-Eyes-H8-LED-Marker-Bulb/261114994687?hash=item3ccbaa9fff:g:qsoAAMXQwKdRcj45

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I saw the car again today, it’s a 2008 e92 with two white rings, no where near as dull as mine, they must have better bulbs! It was right behind me taunting me ?

Any advice on what bulbs I should get to fix my dim outer ring issue? You can barely see mine in the day!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
You won't get better than what you have if all you're doing is changing the bulbs. The other cars you've seen have probably had completely new light units fitted. As you've already discovered, the OEM arrangement of one bulb lighting two rings will always produce less light to one ring than the other.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
The first link in your original post claimed 120W - now some reports on here have blown their central light control unit with high wattage angel eye bulbs, forget the trendy name now... the second claims 6W which almost not enough :)
There's also been threads of replacement headlight units giving a nice white angel eyes effect, but the dip and main remained halogen, something like £350 though and not oem, kinda looked nice but no oomph with the dip/main.
Been lots of threads on angel eyes on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts