BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I am wondering if it is possible for the car to beep when I lock/unlock it? I have checked the car and it has an alarm fitted in it. (Checked it when car is locked and boot is opened....alarm goes off + red light blinks under the back mirror).

The car does have an idrive and it's an e92 320i 2008 Petrol.

Thanks

·
Registered
488 Posts
As above....it has to be coded in but not sure the dealer will do it. AFAIK its against EU protocol for alarms to beep when arming or dis-arming. Not certain if it is against the law but do know it is directive coming from the EU

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, didnt want alarm to sound but just wanted a beep confirming lock. Would that be against the law as well?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
It is against some construction and use laws for manufacturing, but not illegal to have on a car. Only the manufacturers are held back, not anyone else.

The quickest and easiest way would be to find someone near you with Autologic. The car is able to beep, it is active in all other countries, but disallowed in the UK.

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
Construction and use is law and not just for manufacturing, although it would have to be a very fussy policeman to want to do (or know) anything about it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry but what is NCS?
NCS is one of the softwares of EDIABAS package, used to code modules... you can code that and much more using NCS...

On my car for example, I have already coded:

The lock and unlock beep (with option on I-drive to enable or disable it)
The digital speed
Speed correction removal
Folding mirrors with the key fob
MP3 play
etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts