BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting the DTC ABS and brake lights on the dash, Fault codes 5DF0 and 5DF1 on my E92 335D

Garage said I need new hydro unit 1700+ vat. looking for cheaper options I have found I could buy almost any 2nd hand E9x one for 320d and above and fit my ecu off the faulty unit and fit it to the new (2nd hand) pump. Thus saving money. has any one done this? (aware the system needs pressure bleeding after)

Also the lights are only flagging up about 50% of journeys the traction/abs works fine when the lights are out. If the pump was broke wouldn't it be broke full stop lights on permanently? This to me says electrical fault but the garage has checked all the sensors there all receiving the correct signals.

Any Hydro unit experts out there.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Are they sure it is the pump and not the ecu.
I had this problem on a vw and i bought a second hand pump and ecu with the same part number and swapped the ecu over first and the problem went away job done.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the same issue, ended up getting a new hydro unit.

However, I believe you can get a bmw fix which can be done on your existing unit. Try have a search on that

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the same issue, ended up getting a new hydro unit.

However, I believe you can get a bmw fix which can be done on your existing unit. Try have a search on that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts