BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had the dpf gutted in my E92 330d back last year and also had the car mapped to reflect the dpf delete.

The dreaded dpf light has now come back on around 8 months later, the car itself is running fine.

I have checked the ECU but there are no fault codes stored, I spoke with the company who updated the ECU and they informed me that they had disabled the fault codes for both the DPF and also for the sensors linked to the DPF and so they would not show up as stored fault codes.

I managed to get the original file back onto the car and then scanned the ECU but no fault codes were showing and the dpf warning did not come up on the I-drive or dash. The code with the DPF delete was then put back into the car,

A month later and the DPF light has come back on and has started to come on everytime I drive the car after around 15 minutes, when the turn the car off and then back on again the fault has cleared from the I drive.

I have been told by the company who did the DPF delete that they think that it may be a dodgy sensor that it causing my DPF warning light to come on and that after so many minutes the car does a check and if one of the sensors isn't working correctly that the DPF warning light will be displayed.

Has anyone else come across anything like this and does anyone have any ideas on which sensors I should be checking/cleaning/replacing.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Why have you asked the same question twice? A day apart.for what its worth, no, I havn't come across this before.but then again I've left mine standard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't realise until today that I had posted my post in the E36, E30 and E21 section hence the reason for posting it in the correct section today,

Not having much luck unfortunately, was hoping somebody might be able to tell me which sensors are most likely to play up

·
Registered
683 Posts
If the car has had it's DPF functions mapped out, it should be ignoring the signals from the sensors anyway so why should a sensor problem cause a warning light? You need to get the mapper to sort it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My tuner said that the car still does its checks every so may minutes and if one of the sensors isn't working correctly then it will flag up the associated warning and in my case the DPF, I couldn't get my head around it when he was explaining it to me but I am aware that when you have the DPF removed you need to leave all the sensors in situ or the warning will keep coming back.

I was hoping that somebody would know if this was right as like you I thought that if the DPF has been removed then regardless of sensors problems the DPF warning should not be in the car to be displayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts