BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had the dpf gutted in my E92 330d back last year and also had the car mapped to reflect the dpf delete.

The dreaded dpf light has now come back on around 8 months later, the car itself is running fine.

I have checked the ECU but there are no fault codes stored, I spoke with the company who updated the ECU and they informed me that they had disabled the fault codes for both the DPF and also for the sensors linked to the DPF and so they would not show up as stored fault codes.

I managed to get the original file back onto the car and then scanned the ECU but no fault codes were showing and the dpf warning did not come up on the I-drive or dash. The code with the DPF delete was then put back into the car,

A month later and the DPF light has come back on and has started to come on everytime I drive the car after around 15 minutes, when the turn the car off and then back on again the fault has cleared from the I drive.

I have been told by the company who did the DPF delete that they think that it may be a dodgy sensor that it causing my DPF warning light to come on and that after so many minutes the car does a check and if one of the sensors isn't working correctly that the DPF warning light will be displayed.

Has anyone else come across anything like this and does anyone have any ideas on which sensors I should be checking/cleaning/replacing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

My problem is that because the fault codes have been disabled no fault codes are shown when I scan the ECU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts