BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars been running pretty well since it was recalled and I got all of the freebies, but I’m still throwing a Low Pressure Fuel Sensor code, and with 90k on the clock it’s probably also time to swap out the Vanos solenoids.

It’s in for a service next week, might get the mechanic to replace these while he’s at it. Has anyone tried the ones you can find on eBay? £30 for a pair of vanos solenoids and £20 for a LPFS seems ridiculously cheap, but if they work they work!

Any experiences?

Ciaran

·
Registered
524 Posts
its ebay..100% going to be some Chinese copy crap..that will last 5 minutes.. Unless you buying branded stuff off ebay I would not put any cheap crap in a car like this. rather spend few extra quid and get proper stuff

·
Registered
185 Posts
Agree from what I've read, replacing the Vanos solenoids at 80/90k miles is a good preventative maintenance (rather than just cleaning them) as this will protect the much more expensive and difficult to replace VANOS units that they operate.

But no, don't buy some ebay rubbish, genuine Vanos solenoids are £85 each I believe. Fit and forget for another 80k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts