BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The car normally idles at around 700rpm but when i started the car today it revs up by itself to about 900rpm and idles and stays there until I turn the engine off. Started the car again and the engine light came on. Erase with ISTA and went for a drive. Half way I think one of the vacuum pipes pop off, as there is now an air pipe fault. The car stutter while driving. Haven’t checked the pipe yet as it went dark.
Anyway the check engine light came back after the drive (Just before I turned off the engine) and 2 codes P0236 & P2227. P0236 says Plausibility with ambient pressure sensor at idle. And P2227 says Plausibility with charging pressure sensor at idle. Basically one code refers to the other. The car has no acceleration pass 2.5k rpm. It feels quite flat. Still idling at around 900rpm.

I had a little incident bumping into someone rear bumper 2 weeks ago but the car drove fine for the last 2 weeks. The bump was on my front passenger side. A bit of a dented bumper but no leak on radiators etc. Will the codes be related?? Broke a vacuum pipe maybe...
can anyone help with the codes please?
car is bone stock no mods. EGR still there.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please see attached details of the 2 codes if anyone can shed some light. It looks like the charge pressure at idle (0.6bar plus) is lot lower than The ambient (0.9bar plus) which triggers the codes.

the last one was record when I felt the sudden shudder when testing the car. But I have checked and there is no loose charge pressure pipes, all intact. Anyone can help?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the MAP sensor in the manifold also measures the boost pressure? If there is a leak in the intercooler does it mean the boost Pressure will be lower than the atmospheric pressure during idle? Like air is being sucked out from the intercooler where it leaks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts