BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e91 320D Touring (184bhp) 2010 model REMAP?

10K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bl0ckev 
#1 ·
Has anyone who owns this exact model opted for a remap ~+36BHP and was it worth it??

Had a few quotes ranging from £250 to £540 which is a little bonkers why I am sure they will do it the same way.

#2 ·
i have a 320d but the 163bhp.
i got it mapped to about 200bhp. made it feel like a different car! defiantly worth it! smoother, so much faster and pulled alot better.
as for price and doing it the same way that would be incorrect, some people (generally the cheaper options) buy a generic map from a company and flash it onto your ecu, as these maps change how your car runs if they arent done very well your car can perform worse and even have problems. make sure you go with a good recommended company.

some companys will put it onto a rolling road and fine tune each individual car ( one 320d can run different to another 320d )

#4 ·
Rather have a 6 potter
What does that mean? :shifty:

i got it mapped to about 200bhp
How much roughly did you pay for the remap?
Did you use DPF Solution | Chip Tuning | ECU Remap - Hull - A1 Remapping by any chance? Been recommended by someone at work but Hull is a tad bit of a drive from Leeds :)

The £250 price is very local and they fit my Angel Eyes and explain the process as being "For the remap it will be taking the ECU out and programming it that way so would be £250 as it takes about 5 hours to do and the gains will be BHP +32 / Torque +56

#9 ·
I've got the exact model but different year. Also looking for a remap. The most commercial one that I have seen around is Bluefin Superchips. Get around 36BHP and 71 torque.

Haven't taken the plunge yet, but would love to hear some more recommendations or advise from everyone as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.