BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

My E91 popped up the 93B3 passenger airbag stage 2. I cleared the fault & it dually returned, i cleared it again at a further point in time & it stayed away for approx a week....

Now the code will not clear. If you unplug the airbag the code 93AB Passenger airbag stage 1 also appears.
Plug the Airbag back in & clear the codes only the 93AB code clears !!

Does this actually sound like a Genuine airbag Fault ? Or is it a Controller Ecu issue ?

Difficult to Decide either way...Buy Airbag ? Buy Controller ? Buy Buy Monies :rofl

Thanks

Dean

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My code reader i not that intelligent ☹ its only a C110 Ebay special...

I got a Chap to Code out the passenger airbag. Even with this done the 93B3 dtc remains & will not clear ! Which made him think it was the Controller ! A few others on the Net have had the same where a Dtc will not clear & it ended up being a controller replace...

There are controllers on Ebay but how can you be sure they have no Crash Data on there ! After all they are from Breakers...
The Part number is allegedly 6977427 bosch, This was retrieved by the chap that coded the Airbag out.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=VU92-EUR-10-2005-E91-BMW-330d&diagId=65_1584#65776977427

He did say though that if you get the same part number they are plug & play �� This i dont believe as not all cars have the same options.

Cheers

Is the code for too low or too high resistance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All.

My E91 popped up the 93B3 passenger airbag stage 2. I cleared the fault & it dually returned, i cleared it again at a further point in time & it stayed away for approx a week....

Now the code will not clear. If you unplug the airbag the code 93AB Passenger airbag stage 1 also appears.
Plug the Airbag back in & clear the codes only the 93AB code clears !!

Does this actually sound like a Genuine airbag Fault ? Or is it a Controller Ecu issue ?

Difficult to Decide either way...Buy Airbag ? Buy Controller ? Buy Buy Monies :rofl

Thanks

Dean
Hi there, I've just encountered the same issue on my E90 325i - how did you resolve this issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts