BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a couple of E90's today and the garage I went to had a fair few to say the least.

What caught my eye was a 2007 E90 320i M Sport saloon in black. I wasn't after that in particular but it stood out from the rest. Looked lovely inside and out, in fact it looked new all round tbh.

The only snag was that it has done 111k miles. It's up for just under £10k.

I am not sure on it's SH but I'd imagine it should be good.

Usually it'd be a definite no-no from me in the sense of the mileage but after seeing it... I like!

I have heard of BMW reliability and build quality so I thought I'd ask you guys your opinions on whether it's worth getting or not?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zilla - Cool I'll check out what it is.

Rumple - Why is that, for better performance and economy? I have no preference apart from it being a saloon so if you have any recommendations let me know.

When are things like gearboxes and clutches likely to go?

Am I better of trying to get a lower mileage model?

I've seen a 320D SE with leather, FSH which has done 46k for the same money. It's also black but doesn't look as good as the Sport. Head v Heart... I mean Ego.

·
Registered
737 Posts
ive never driven the 320 petrol but some one i know got one and really regretted it, some people on here dont like diesels, me included but i would had the 320d over the 320i any day, im told that the diesel engine is more economical and out performs the petrol, me brother has a 320d e90 and does a long commute he gets 51 mpg combined, if you want the petrol get a 325 or more, and the sports always look better, spec also sells with bmw's

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rumple - Thanks a lot for the reply. I was after a manual but why'd you say to get one?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah after thinking about it, the sensible option is to leave it.

The Glass's valuation has come out at £7k tops. I won't take that as golden but I definitely think £10k is a bit much for it despite it being £26k new.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you think is the right amount Mike?

I think it will be hard to knock the dealer down too much.

I've always had a soft spot for black sport BMWs with black leather interior which is why I like it so much. There seem to be few around with that exact combo.

·
Registered
947 Posts
No idea -look at glass guide and bump up a bit for dealer price. If its from a dealer you should get a years warranty too.

BUT, and big but.. how many miles do you do, and how long will you keep the car? I bought my e46 at 107k and its on 133k now, worth nothing. I didn't care when I bought it because i knew i'd keep it until it falls apart.

Unless you are going to keep the e90 for a long time, you need to consider that it will be worth far less with 150k on it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said on page 1, the Glass's price (from the sticky link) came up at £6-7k depending on the condition. It's up for £10k.

I don't do many miles atm, but I doubt I'd keep it until it fell apart.

Cheers Mike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts