BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the seat belt and airbag error codes displaying in my car, using my reader the part number 6977427 is suggested to be the fault.

Does anyone know where this module is located and how to access it?

Am I safe to purchase a "used" sensor online - is it possible to check if the used module is in working order with no previous crash usage?

Here are photos of the scan read outs, I did clear the codes to see if they persisted and sure enough they do.

Any info on tackling this issue is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That is the part number for the module between the front seats, under the storage compartment.
The error is pointing to the front passenger airbag, stage 2, that needs to be checked out.
NEVER work on the airbag system without disconnecting the battery first!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the part number for the module between the front seats, under the storage compartment.
The error is pointing to the front passenger airbag, stage 2, that needs to be checked out.
NEVER work on the airbag system without disconnecting the battery first!
Thanks for your response, are you referring to underneath the dashboard on the passenger side? Do I need to pull out the dashboard to access? Good tip on disconnecting the battery!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response, are you referring to underneath the dashboard on the passenger side? Do I need to pull out the dashboard to access? Good tip on disconnecting the battery!
Just found a great video explaining it - thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts