BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E90 m sport dampers to se dampers

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ecogsi 
#1 ·
Age is catching me up I’m afraid. The ride on my 06 m sport has always been really uncomfortable/crashy on anything other than smooth roads.

so the question is can I swap the m sport dampers for se or is there another option to help with ride comfort. Thanks in advance

#4 ·
I’m having the same thoughts with an E92 msport, if i go ahead i’ll put SE springs and dampers on as a set, that way i know what to expect, if you start mixing and matching you might end up with something you don’t want. Buy sachs or. Meyle if you want original SE characteristics, stay away from coilover set ups, to many people fit them only to remove them months later.

#9 ·
I agree with the suggestion of changing the wheels. I had a 330i with sports suspension and huge 19inch narrow/wide rims, removed them and put 225/45-17 wheels and tyres on and noted a huge difference in ride comfort and much less tramlining and the fuel consumption improved by 1 liter per 100km as well. Run flats are also prone to a hard ride. The 320D, also sports suspension, that was the donor car for the 225/45 wheels got fitted with 205/55-16 wheels and there too was an improvement but not as noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.