BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to bmw and need a bit of help.馃榾 so i have an e90 05 plate and ive changed the lights from halo to xenon and there was an earthing issue when i plugged it in only the halo ring would work so i attached a bit of wires from the unit to an earthing point on the car and now only works when it wants to help help help pls thanks in advance

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
No i changed the whole headlight unit i believe the unit came off a e92.
The halo ring lights up but doesn't light the beam unless i put the fog lights on

Registered
Changing from halogen to xenon/HID lighting is notoriously tricky, from the comments I鈥檝e read on this forum and others. Not saying it can鈥檛 be done, but it鈥檚 not simple, to the point that many don鈥檛 bother. Like Alan says, it鈥檒l need some coding to sort it, but if you鈥檙e new to Beemers, it鈥檒l not be a DIY job for you. A great deal of the modifications on these cars requires a bit of coding to get things working. Hope you sort it though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Changing from halogen to xenon/HID lighting is notoriously tricky, from the comments I鈥檝e read on this forum and others. Not saying it can鈥檛 be done, but it鈥檚 not simple, to the point that many don鈥檛 bother. Like Alan says, it鈥檒l need some coding to sort it, but if you鈥檙e new to Beemers, it鈥檒l not be a DIY job for you. A great deal of the modifications on these cars requires a bit of coding to get things working. Hope you sort it though.
Yep its been a nightmare can u recommend any1 to do it ?

Registered
Yep its been a nightmare can u recommend any1 to do it ?
I don鈥檛 know anyone personally who I could recommend, but a good search on here and the other forums should come up with some recommendations for you. It all depends how far your willing to travel I suppose, which at the moment isn鈥檛 really an option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts