BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car repeatedly loses power every now and again Sometimes it doesn’t and turbo won’t spool till over 3000rpm. Today I checked for code when it wasn’t boosting properly and got code 44CC- boost pressure control. Any ideas on how to fix this? BMW 3 series 320d E90 2007

·
Registered
E91 320D M42TU2 2006 Manual
277 Posts
To me it sounds like the worm drive in your turbo actuator is knackered. The actuator module on your turbo would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It is possible the map sensor is clogged up. You could try cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner or replace it to eliminate it as the cause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I’ve cleaned it still not done anything going to replace that tomorrow and I’ve decided to replace the turbo pressure sensor tomorrow as well

·
Registered
277 Posts
I thought the map sensor was the pressure sensor? You could try unplugging it and see if the car runs better to eliminate it as the fault.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The map sensor is on the rear of the inlet manifold on my 2006 M47 engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah that’s the same as mine mate and I was just looking The map sensor is on the manifold how much air is being drawn in and the boost pressure sensor is how much boost the turbo is kicking out

·
Registered
277 Posts
The MAF measures how much air is being drawn in and is located before the turbo by your air filter. The MAP sensor measures inlet manifold/boost pressure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi I have changed the map sensor and cleaned all the EGR valve out and still not made a difference I have checked pipes and I’m going to check again tomorrow anyone got any other ideas please

1 - 12 of 12 Posts