BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Yesterday I have noticed a very strange issue with my E90.
When I press the brake pedal, it's not returning as fast as it should, sometimes stays pressed for a long time.
If I pull it back up with my foot, car brake disengages and I can drive normally.
I have pressure when I press it multiple times with engine off, and drops when I start the engine.
Also, with engine on, when I press brake and release, it looks like it's keep going down for a second or so, stops and returns slowly back but not all the way.
Has anyone encountered this issue before?
LE: forgot to mention, car is automatic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checked spring that brings the pedal back and seems in one piece.
Checked the dust cover for brake booster behind brake pedal and looks fine, no cracks and very flexible.
Checked Vacuum valve and no vacuum leak after engine turned off.
No hissing noise when pedal is pressed with engine on.
Checked the fluid again and it looks like it was over the MAX sign. Removed a bit and now seems to be a little bit better. I will have to remove some more as it's still very close to MAX sign. Did not replace brake pads or topped up with brake fluid recently which makes me thing that it's not the fault but I'll remove.jj some more brake fluid to get it below maximum recommended and I'll check again.
If anyone has encountered same issue, please share as there are not many solutions for the problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the car for a drive and the issue is still there. Pedal seems softer compared with how it was before. It still brakes as normal but pedal is still not coming back to normal position....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really?
Nobody had this issue before?
Have I found the unicorn?
Do I need to empty the brake fluid to remove the brake booster?
There are no video tutorials on how to remove brake booster but I am sure I'm not the only one who might have to replace it.
If I need to reset the brake system, would IMPA work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts