BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E90 BMW engine Ecu matched to your cas module warning

Over the last year our company,main dealers and other independent BMW Speaclist have seen a huge increase in the e90 range from 2004-2006 318i,320i,318d,320d,325i,330i with problems with the engine ecu where by a replacement has been used or supplied for the car matched to the cars cas module

These matched to your cas module ecu suffer from communication problems to the other modules and ecu's that are fitted to the car like dash instruments,auto gear box,dsc/abs,ect

In many cases no dash lights will be seen but through the diagnostics there will be communication errors or no comms

These have caused many different problem from intermittent loss of power, hash auto gear box changes,cruse control,intermittent Non starting and charging problem to name a few

If the car has a software update done you will find it will error or not start
As the information on the engine ecu is wrong for the car it been fitted to as it holds the data from the car it came from

In all the cars we have seen with the ecu matched to cas we have found that the customer has had a water damaged ecu to start with and been told by the main dealers it will cost £1700 for a new replacement ecu fitted and programmed or £1300 by a independent BMW Speacilist

The owner of the car trying to save money has found a company that has told him they can supply him with a plug and play ecu which is matched to the cas module for £700

All he has to do is send them his cas module from his car and they will send him a ecu matched to his cas module and when he plugs it in his car will start

So what do you get when you buy a engine ecu matched to your cas module

You get a second hand engine ecu where the starting data is taken from the ecu then put into your cas module that you sent from your car

This will start the engine but will have all the data and software which was programmed on the car it came from in the 1st place so will not be correct for your car at all

In many cases we have found the second hand ecu used has come from a car with automatic transmission then matched to the cas unit of a manual car or the other way around

When you buy a new engine DME or DDE ecu from the main dealers or our BW autorepairs refurbished DME or DDE ecu you get a blank ecu which is ready to programmed and will need to be programmed to the car it's put on to

When the ecu is connected to the car the diagnostics then will request information from your cas module and verhicle order from the dash which will include all the ecu's and module fitted and programmed to your car
The diagnostics then requests the programming data files just for this car so it can program the engine ecu to suit the car and the ecu's and modules fitted to it
The engine ecu is now locked to the cas module and has all the information so it can communicate to the reset of the car correctly

You will not find another engine ecu that has byte for byte the same data on it as the engine ecu that came from your car and programmed on you car

We have refurbished DME and DDE engine ecu's in stock ready to be programmed by and main dealer or any independent BMW special using autologic diagnostics

We can also fix these engine ecu's that have been matched to your cas module

Bw autorepairs
Bw chiptune
Unit 8-9 alpha ind est
clayton Rd
Hayes
middlesex
ub31bb

Jason Bw
0208 561 1818
07831 103030

Servicing & Repairs
Programming & coding
Dpf Regen repairs
Alph N tuning on M cars
Performance tuning Remaps
Dyno Dynamics rolling road
Refurbished BMW ecu & repairs
EWS removal

as well as cars that have had a key set (DME or DDE,cas and key changed from another car)

Bwautorepairs
Bwchiptune
Unit 8-9 alpha ind est
clayton Rd
Hayes
middlesex
ub31bb

Jason Bw
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Servicing & Repairs
Programming & coding
Dpf Regen repairs
Alph N tuning on M cars
Performance tuning Remaps
Refurbished BMW ecu & repairs
EWS removal

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to

Hi Mr.
I can change ecu with cas and the key in BMW e90 320i.Please help me for put VIN in another ECU and how to make with the program.hank you.
Regards.:thumbsup

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you got your original key and cas unit as if you use a second hand key set from another car
The car will show the wrong mileage on the dash and have a tamper dot
Also if you need to program any other Modual there will be problems

Now can I ask you want you want from me
Is it to show you how to change all the data in the ecu so you can reuse it on your car
I see you have only 1 post ever on this forum

I can fix the problems you have but I'm not going to show you how I do it as its taken me a long time to figure how to do this

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can now fix the problems when a second hand key Cas and ecu are used to replace a faulty DME or Dde ecu

I've done a good few for the dealers so they are able to reprogram other Ecus or Moduals to the car

I can blank and reprogram the used Cas so it will be correct for the car then blank and reprogram the DDE or DME ecu so it will have the correct individual software for your car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you do virgin or change isn code to the flash in a Bosch motronic me9.2 bmw e60 dme?Seems that everything that needs to be changed is locked inside the flash on these ecu types !

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you do virgin or change isn code to the flash in a Bosch motronic me9.2 bmw e60 dme?Seems that everything that needs to be changed is locked inside the flash on these ecu types !
Yes I can revers engineer the me9.2 Ecu so it can be reused on another car
But i seem to be one of the only Persons who do it the correct way by refurbishing the Ecu so it's the same as if you buy a new ecu from bmw but it takes some time to do

This way there is no problems programming the Ecu as a new ecu to the car another using the dealer diagnostics system or autologic

If you do it the cheap quick way that others try using the Ecu will brick its self on that day of programming or after a week or 2 of starting with the idle valve clicking or cars with the temp gauge going into the red or Dme internal codes and non starting

BW chiptune
BW autorepairs
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
UB3 1BB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there..hoping you can shed some light on this & hopefully fix the issue as the current garage my car is residing at doesn't seem to
have a clue.Have been advised that the ecu is caput due to water damage caused by water in the battery well.When I originally bought
the car the dealer tried to mapp the ecu but was unable to load the new mapp onto the ecu.Now the garage where the car currentley is says
that they have sourced a second hand ecu but are also having issues putting the new software on.Now after reading this article it seems
2nd hand ecu which isn't blank is not gonna work.Can u give me some options.Thanks

BMW 320D 2007 E92

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there..hoping you can shed some light on this & hopefully fix the issue as the current garage my car is residing at doesn't seem to
have a clue.Have been advised that the ecu is caput due to water damage caused by water in the battery well.When I originally bought
the car the dealer tried to mapp the ecu but was unable to load the new mapp onto the ecu.Now the garage where the car currentley is says
that they have sourced a second hand ecu but are also having issues putting the new software on.Now after reading this article it seems
2nd hand ecu which isn't blank is not gonna work.Can u give me some options.Thanks

BMW 320D 2007 E92
Yes not a problem
Can you send me your Reg or vin number
Also do you know if your Cas unit is the original for your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have refurbished Ecus that are ready for programming to your car
I will need the numbers of the white sticker from your ecu and it will require programming your end or if you to send me your Cas unit which sits above the brake pedal and your key I can program our refurbished ecu here in house and test it on a car

You can call or message me on 07831103030

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me.....Think firstly I should speak to the garage & confirm what
exactly they have done.Just a couple of quick questions.....the numbers on the white sticker...are these
from the original damaged ecu or the replacement & is the replacement of no use or can/will it be refurbed

Thanksn

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I can refurb your replacement ecu you have brought but it will need testing on a car to make sure it is good
Did you buy it as a key set or on its own

The white sicker off the original ecu which shows your coding data

Is your garage a bmw Specalist with full programming of new Ecus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a similar scenario to the above poster.

My 2009 116i ECU/DME was faulty and was replaced with a used DME, CAS Unit and key from the same donor car and the part numbers matched with the faulty (removed) units. The engine has been running perfectly with no dashboard errors or warning lights. The mileage on the dashboard is out by 10k but I can live with that.

I have now learned that the donor car was a 2009 318i - N43 2.0 (same engine). I have spoken to a few local mechanics who have said not to worry as I now have a 'remapped' ECU which won't cause any problems as the part numbers and engine from the donor car was identical. Is this correct?

I don't want to spend more money on a new/refurbished ECU, so is it possible to reprogram/update the ECU/CAS to match my car's original spec?

Thank you for any advice.

·
Vendor
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi, I have a similar scenario to the above poster.

My 2009 116i ECU/DME was faulty and was replaced with a used DME, CAS Unit and key from the same donor car and the part numbers matched with the faulty (removed) units. The engine has been running perfectly with no dashboard errors or warning lights. The mileage on the dashboard is out by 10k but I can live with that.

I have now learned that the donor car was a 2009 318i - N43 2.0 (same engine). I have spoken to a few local mechanics who have said not to worry as I now have a 'remapped' ECU which won't cause any problems as the part numbers and engine from the donor car was identical. Is this correct?

I don't want to spend more money on a new/refurbished ECU, so is it possible to reprogram/update the ECU/CAS to match my car's original spec?

Thank you for any advice.
So at the moment you mileage is wrong and you have a tamper dot above the mileage on the dash which is a dead give away that the Cas has been tampered with or changed
(I've seen a lot of customers cars that have had problems as other companies have change their Ecu Cas and key and lied to the customer claiming to of only fitted a fully refurbished or replacement Ecu which has been programmed to there original Cas unit when this has not been the case)

Do you still have the original Cas and key?

As the best way is to refit the origin Cas as it will have the correct key data for your car (so you can still buy keys from bmw)

If you don't have your original Cas then I can keep the second hand Cas key data (this is the keys that you are using now)

I can then input the full data for your car into the second hand Cas unit and reprogram that Cas as a new Cas to your car

From there as your data Iwill now be correct for your car
I will then need to reverse engineer your second hand ecu and unlock the one time write and data time locks so I can reprogram this to your car as a new ecu

Doing it this way all your data will be correct for your car as it should be
It's the correct and best way to do this and does take a lot more time but your car will always be 100% right
If you loose a key or need another one I can make them for you (as you will not be able to buy from bmw if using a second hand Cas )

Using your secondhand ecu i will not be able to give you a warranty as I have not fully refurbished it
(Fully Refurbishing your ecu if needed would take me a good few days if I have your car here)

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (key set from a different car)
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars

0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts