BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the thing I am in two minds whether or not to buy a gloss black kidney grill for the E90 but the problem is that the car is black. It has occured that maybe if i do this the car will be too black and would need the chrome to separate the colour a bit.

Just wanting to have a few second opinions as I havent seen a black E90 with black grills. They only mod 306 D Turbos in NI :hihi.

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys starting to get tempted :thumbsup just was a bit scared because it was black on black haha.

Chris

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'd say they only look good on black cars. So yeah, i'd do it.
wouldnt say that tbh, my bm is silver and looks good with black on.
also my mates red bm looks better with black aswell.
in most points imo black looks better than silver chrome.

black on black = stealth

·
Registered
130 Posts
wouldnt say that tbh, my bm is silver and looks good with black on.
also my mates red bm looks better with black aswell.
in most points imo black looks better than silver chrome.

black on black = stealth
Depends on personal taste really. My car is topaz blue and i fitted black kidneys, looked awful and didnt suit the colour imo. Took them off straight away and put the chrome ones back on. They look better against silver but i'd still leave it chrome, it looks classier.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input its really appreciated and ive just ordered a black set so once my uni tests are over its into the garage for fitting. Does anybody want me to do a how to?

Chris

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
second what NealP said, when I did mine it took a right old tug and I didn't want to apply too much pressure in case I broke it but there's no clips to try and unhook or anything like that, just pull...HARD!

Reading this back looks like I'm describing something else :rofl

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha dont I know it.When I first got the car a slat in one of the grills was missing and had to replace it between being to scared to give them a good tug incase i broke something and nearly swearing they were glued in i finally got there in the end so I know im in for some fun with the black ones :rofl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts