BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at buying i believe the e90 model :confused
this will be my first bmw, it will either be the 320d m / 325d m in either a saloon or coupe model,2008 onwards.
Any advice will be appreciated and also any common faults/issues to look out for ?

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had this dilemma 2 years ago and was also considering 330D. Not regretted 320d decision, performance more than adequate for traffic invested speed limited British roads.

Pro 320D better economy at least 5MPG in real life, slightly lower geared so less chance of DPF issues in speed limited Britain?, lower insurance. road testers think 320d slightly better balanced handling. With price of fuel, better resale but you might find 325d not much dearer to purchase over 320D in current fuel driven market?

Pro 325 D refinement (but marginal as 320D fine in this area once over 1500 revs and higher gearing means more time in lower gears for 325D?, slogging below 1500 revs not good for diesels with DPF filter?)) half a second off say 0 to 60 acceleration times. Some extra minor equipment (better DSC anti control, memories failing me but could be headlamp wash,

on Post 2008 models not aware of common faults emerging but pay attention to wheels and tyres and whether you can live with mix and effect on ride for a particular car. M Sports more common that SE's in later sales

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ive just bought a late 06 E90 Msport 320d and am very happy with it, its not as fast as my e46 328ci but was never going to be, MPG is v good, with 90k on the clock its getting about 43 around town/back roads and just done 400 miles motorway in 6th on cruise around 78 mph and returned 50.8 mpg.

Spec wise mine has idrive nav, bluetooth, heated leather etc I would def recommend the idrive models as the interior dash looks so much more modern with the big screen over the normal dash and the leather over alcantara trim

Its a great car to drive and handles much better than anything else ive driven, m sport setup is great and bit harsh over the potholes but fine on motorways, will be getting rid of the runflats as soon as they are worn out as ive had a few problems with them already being too stiff and noisy.

I had tried to get a 330d but they seem to be quite sparse up here and as mentioned before the performance of the 320 is fine plenty of guts for overtaking etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts