BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hoping for some help:)
My e90 all of a sudden wont start. The car just cranks. Will run on easy start, but cuts out immediately.

Theres fuel in the rail and plenty of presure when cranking as I've checked on the obd reader.
But it appears that the injectors are not been turned on "activated" by the ecu. Using the multimeter and unplugging the injector plug, I cant seem to see a signal being sent to them.

So I'm assuming something is telling the ecu not to fire them, or the ecu is shot.

I've added some images of the codes found.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I had very much the same codes on my e46 320d and it was a cable had rubbed on the steel injector pipe and was shorting.
Took the engine cover off and i could see what looked like dust where the wires for the injectors ran over the No 4 injector so i lifted the wire and the car started first turn as normal.
I put self amalgamating tape over the wires and the car has been ok now for 5 years i think it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had very much the same codes on my e46 320d and it was a cable had rubbed on the steel injector pipe and was shorting.
Took the engine cover off and i could see what looked like dust where the wires for the injectors ran over the No 4 injector so i lifted the wire and the car started first turn as normal.
I put self amalgamating tape over the wires and the car has been ok now for 5 years i think it is.
Thanks for the reply.
I've had a look in that area and the wiring harness for the injectors.
I did find that one of the cables has worn rubber with wire exposed nearer to the ecu side of the engine bay, but I cant see anything that it could touch to set it off so I'm unsure!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts