BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two to three months ago I had an issue with my 2009 N47D20C 320d. Complete lack of power, whistling and black smoke coming through airvents.

Changed back pressure sensors (2 on drivers side, one fed from exhaust manifold and other from dpf).
Had DPF professionally cleaned (reset adaptations via Rheingold).
Replaced exhaust manifold and turbo manifold gaskets.
Cleaned out EGR (slight soot deposits).
Replaced thermostat (this had pretty much exploded in the housing).

Now have similar loss of power again, whole host of error codes (no EML or dash errors) via Carista.
Need some advice as to where to look to fix, not bothered about anything other than OBD errors.
TIA.
Mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
where are you from,,if you could id get it down to bwchiptune,,also cleaning a dpf is only worth while if you have found the root cause of the blockage problem..vac lines/boost hoses can have an efffect also,,have you tested coolant temps after stats replacement,,and id you but genuine bmw stats ? and sensors ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are you from,,if you could id get it down to bwchiptune,,also cleaning a dpf is only worth while if you have found the root cause of the blockage problem..vac lines/boost hoses can have an efffect also,,have you tested coolant temps after stats replacement,,and id you but genuine bmw stats ? and sensors ?

OEM spec parts, originallyI guessed the dpf to sensor hose was at fault as it had burst, Then figured may as well swap out thermostat which on discovery had disintegrated thought it was to blame.
Thermostat temps are ok checked on cold and hot (50 minute drive).

Where is BWChiptune? I'm West Midlands.

Car has given off a huge rubber stink and all seems ok again, for now, error codes still there, going to check with Delphi and Rheingold to see if either of those point to culprit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts