BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Hope someone can help. Had abit of a nightmare time recently. I decided to take my inlet manifold of my 320d 2005 e90 to clean it.
After putting it back on the damn thing didn't want to start. However, after many attempts cranking it finally jumped into life. But ran rough.

So I plugged in INPA and got fault codes 4B10 and 4B11.

Also if i rev car to 2k the roughness goes away. Same if I drive car. on boost its perfect. Around town awfull

Below is readings I am getting from selective mass adjustment.

on idle

Cyl 1 +!5.48
Cyl 2 -0.75
Cyl 3 -0.38
Cyl 4 -4.48

At 2k revs ish

+ 1.87

So considering I left my fuel rail / injectors alone and only disconnected the HPFR senor at back and the 4 injector sensors why have they suddenly gone wonky?

Anything I can do any advice welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible that something dropped in the intake duct of cylinder nr.1?
I can't see how? And if this was case surely id be getting a misfire under load?

Has injector 1 just decided to tilt out or is it related to something?

Also if I unplug injector 1 it makes no difference to idle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like something kept a valve open on number one. no or low compression- bent valve or valve not seating.

Did you stuff tissue into the ports?

·
Super Moderator
3,618 Posts
Sounds like something kept a valve open on number one. no or low compression- bent valve or valve not seating.

Did you stuff tissue into the ports?
This is what I was after. With bad luck even a larger piece of soot can do this when stuck between the intake valve at a bad moment. But of course injector problem should be ruled out first as this could just be coincidence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone who replied.

So. Touch wood car is now running fine. Yesterday driving home. Car would run fine above 2k revs and shake 2 pieces anything under.
So pulled away from junction car stalled, struggled to start again and i got the hump with it. So pulled away red lining 1st 2nd and 3rd. About 5 secs of smoke. After car then drove fine. Since given it that good blast the car is running and idling fine. Performance is great etc.
So I am guessing I had a tiny bit of soot stuck in the intake valve in Cyl 1. And that by given it some welly has blown it out.

Thanks again for replies, ill deffo be blanking of the intakes if I take the inlet manifold off again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts