BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh sorry I don't understand the part you wrote about 'fleshing fuel system more one forum'

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't disagree. Sounds logical really. I'm just wondering where all this about impacting acceleration and consumption etc comes from. Sounds contrary to what my understanding of them are
Nice. Leek injector. Usually injector leek when aggressive accelerated and come black smoke. Lag to from injectors. Glow plug work only 45 secund after turn ignition. Do injector leek test.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've poured 325ml of diesel injector cleaner into near empty tank and then filled up the tank, Did about 80kms driving today on motorway, making sure to rev quite hard as adviced. Still too early to tell if any benefits but we'll see. I'll do diagnosis tomorrow when kit arrives to see if there's any error codes and then take it to a garage if need be.
I'll update this thread as I go in case anyone has similar issues in future.
Oh, and today no issues under acceleration and all ran very well but the issue never occurred everyday previously anyway and as mentioned still a bit early to tell one way or the other

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a hestitation/stuttering problem on my 330d and I have narrowed it down to a sticking EGR valve. Diagnostics suggested incorrect EGR values, and when i took the small cover off I could actually see it sticking open.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I have a hestitation/stuttering problem on my 330d and I have narrowed it down to a sticking EGR valve. Diagnostics suggested incorrect EGR values and when i took the small cover off I could actually see it sticking open.
Thanks for sharing symonh. The crazy thing about these types of situations is that any number of things could be causing these symptoms.
Have you fixed yours now?

·
Registered
BMW TECHNICIAN 07814608685 CAMBRIDGESHIRE UK
26 Posts
I just come back from call out.
Person fuel up petrol in tank and now kill desel engine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well what do you know, I did the diagnostics today and it came up glow plugs 1,2 and 3 and slow running control unit or something like that. So I took it to a local garage to inquire about changing them. He insisted also that it could not be the glow plugs causing the lack of power on acceleration as all they do is start the car but got one of his mechanics to put it on their own scanner. Came back same thing, glow plugs. BUT for whatever reason he erased the code and told me to test it or something like that (my spanish is not good). I knew he erased it cause when i got home I scanned again and this time nothing came up. But anyway I've seen that I need to change the glow plugs and the control unit (I assume this covers what the machine called 'slow running control unit'?

·
Registered
26 Posts
😁 Diagnostik not always show code.
you lucking life data: MAF, ENGINE LOAD, BOOST PRESSURE, INJECTOR CALIBRATION READING, EGR POSITION, EXHAUST SENSORS. ...
IF WAS 1,2,3,4 THEN IS MODULE GLOW PLUG 😃 If is code, not always faulty part. Learn to use diagnostic.
I was going for sale cars and learning, plus taking data for comparing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
😁 Diagnostik not always show code.
you lucking life data: MAF, ENGINE LOAD, BOOST PRESSURE, INJECTOR CALIBRATION READING, EGR POSITION, EXHAUST SENSORS. ...
IF WAS 1,2,3,4 THEN IS MODULE GLOW PLUG 😃 If is code, not always faulty part. Learn to use diagnostic.
I was going for sale cars and learning, plus taking data for comparing.
Do you mean it's the control unit? I plan on changing the glow plugs and the control unit

·
Registered
26 Posts
🤔 You are rich to change non fault parts. yes control unit. Half garages in Uk do not know how to check glow plugs. 😁

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
🤔 You are rich to change non fault parts. yes control unit. Half garages in Uk do not know how to check glow plugs. 😁
The glow plugs are not really expensive. If I'm changing the controller I might as well change them anyway. The car is not a young model, it can't hurt to replace some of the parts

·
Registered
26 Posts
control unit new? My bmw 2 year going without glow plugs. No troubles, no time fixed unit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I ordered a set of 4 Bosch glow plugs and the Beru GSE101 glow plugs control unit. Delivery is expected any day now. Once I get them I will book in the service to change the parts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
this is my first time on a forum. I’m looking for some advice and hoping someone could help me out!!.
So I’m looking at buying a bmw 3 series. I have found one i liked and went to check it out yesterday. its a 2010 bmw 3 series 320d SE busines ED. its a Volkswage/audi dealer that are selling it and they are selling it as a TRADE Sale So no warranty with it. The previous owner seems to have a good bit of work done on it the timing chain, clutch, fly wheel and fan belt all recently done on the car!
the problem I’m having is I plugged my Carly OB2 reader into the car and it popped up a few codes on it
one was error code 00452A. from what i can see that is the DPF? I’m just wondering how big the code is or should i be concerned ??
what i have seen online about it is mixed. Some people are saying it needs to be changed and others are saying its ok its just a warning code to say the DPF is going over the expected life.
The car seems to drive fine not power losses from what i can see but i am coming from a smaller car so not sure if that has anything to do with it ?
If someone could help that would be fantasti!!

Ill list the other codes too in case someone is seeing something I’m not
or if some codes are linked to one another
0000452A
004CA7
00A0B5
00A0B3
00A559
00A554
00E1CD
00D690
009C53
if anyone could help that would be great!! If they are easy fixes I’m ok with that because I wouldn’t mind trying to fix some of them myself but if they are big fixes then ill just stay away from buying it!!
Hope ye could help
thanks

21 - 40 of 80 Posts