BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a straight out oval one so I think it does then. Looking forward to the remap now after all I've heard, thanks.
Unusual on the m47 163bhp model .. Ah unless it's the newer n47 engine you have with the lower powered 163bhp version? instead of the standard 177bhp or 184bhp n47 320d

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes it is the n47 efficient dynamics 163bhp. Apparently it is the same engine as the 184bhp but detuned so should get good gains.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just an update. Had a remap done by Simon (emaps) yesterday. As been said before, nice bloke who knows his stuff. Have only had a limited drive so far but does seem better. Not sure if it is as good as I was expecting/ hoping. Does anyone know if it takes a while for the new map to "settle" in?
Took it out connected up to his laptop and the torque hit 465nm, which is rather high?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
stick to the best,,,,,i know he has good reviews,but i also know of his maps needed fixing,,just saying like

·
Registered
747 Posts
My 635d was remapped by Simon at emaps before I got it. I wasn’t overly impressed as there was lots of drive train rumble and when I rang him about it he was less than helpful. In the end got it put back to standard.
cheers
Jim

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
My 635d was remapped by Simon at emaps before I got it. I wasn’t overly impressed as there was lots of drive train rumble and when I rang him about it he was less than helpful. In the end got it put back to standard.
cheers
Jim
as ive said,,this is common with said mapper,,and his maps are not the best

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts