BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I've got a 2006 E90 320d Manual, with 147k miles on it, and have had it for 3 years.

The gearbox as is common on higher mile BMW manuals, has the sloppy shifter, so when it's in gear e.g. 3rd, it will move side to side a lot, and you need to precisely select the gear otherwise it will crunch and won't go in. It does not have the issue when some people have mentioned the gearbox doesn't return to centre, so it's not the gearbox itself thats the issue, it seems to be the bushings have worn, and the selector etc.

When the cars warm it gets much smoother and when weather is hot can get almost normal, but on the whole, its a bit naff. Also have changed gearbox oil couple years back for high quality oil, which didn't help much.

I was wondering if you have done a gear selector/bushing replacement or rebuild of all of those bits with new bushings etc. to bring it back to life? and if so how much would you usually charge for doing this job?

I had seen online a rebuild kit on this website https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/shifter-rebuild-kit/sftrbkt/ but obviously this kit is made for 3.0 litre plus USA models, so probably not suitable for the 320d, but I was thinking replacement of parts like those listed in that kit would sort it out? what are your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
4,114 Posts
You can buy all the parts that are worn from bmw
I would advise you to look on etk order all parts new including gear stick and push pull rod with all bushes and we can fit them for you
It's normally no longer that 2-3 hours to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts