BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help, recently had dpf issues created by insufficient coolant temps. It would only just about reach 75 at any point in the journey. I replaced the main thermostat and bled the system as described but it's still having issues. This 3.0d only has the main stat and no egr stat. Something to note if I sir and keep the revs up I can get it to 92 then regen kicks in but I move off it drops to 70 the even more when going down hill. What do I do guys, I'm running out of ideas!! Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But why would the temp go up and down depending on what type of driving I'm doing motorway/local route? It just seems like theres too much cold air coming through the grills

·
Registered
666 Posts
I assume it's not possible to install the stat the wrong way round. I can't remember whether it's possible on these, but it certainly is on Ford Focii of certain generations.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it's definately on the correct way. Is it possible it's anything to do with the cabin pumps, mine fire up up straighter after turning ignition or could there be an air lock, I really need to get to the bottom of this. Thanks guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Regen is not the problem as I can force that, the coolant temp is the problem, theres no reason for it not to get to the right temp with a new thermostat fitted.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I fear that you're going to need to rule out the stat as Allan G suggests above. Irritating as it's a new one, but, if you ignore the fact you've just replaced it, the symptoms you're describing are textbook duff stat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty cheesed off with this now, called bmw to enquire the procedure for returning faulty parts. They want to charge me to have it in the workshop to confirm or deny fault stat and will only offer replacement is proven faulty.😠😠😠

1 - 18 of 18 Posts