BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Today I swapped my E83 X3 fabric rear seats for leather and all went well...until I started the front seats

I started with the passenger seat. The swap was a manual seat for another manual seat. I undid the two nuts and two bolts and unplugged the yellow connector block and the cable that goes to the seat belt anchor

However I found another cable on my old seat that I was able to disconect but the replacement seat didn't appear to have this cable connector

When I bolted and connected the replacement seat I got the airbag warning light on the dashboard. So I undid everything and put in the original seat. Sadly though I still get the airbag warning light

Two questions. Is there a work around for the extra cable? And how do I reset the warning light?:confused

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You'll need a diagnostic tool to reset the airbag warning - something like INPA or a Creator 310 or Carly. Once triggered, the light stays on until it's reset so there's no way of getting rid of it without a tool.

Sounds like you've got optional rear airbags in your car, and the rear seats you have bought came from a vehicle without that option so they don't have the occupancy sensors in them. There's a workaround for front seat occupancy sensor failures which involves installing a resistor into the wiring to fool the system - might be worth googling that and seeing if you can apply the same principles...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts