BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help me with this, the Mrs is killing me!

So, we've got an e70 X5 4.8 with no sound at all, everything looks to be working, stereo, cd, rear dvd, pdc, nav etc. when you jump in the mute symbol is always on but it goes off when you push the volume button. The only things that dont work are the reversing camera, we've got the SOS malfunction (I assume because there's no phone), the bluetooth doesnt seem to work and we've got a battery drain message all the time (I know the CCC headunit can cause battery drain if its knackered???).

It went to BMW for diagnosis and they said it had a faulty amp, so I sent it over to Logic7Amps in the states and he said its fine, no fault.

So I tried a new telematics unit, still nothing...

Ive got an optical loop cable but I'm all out of ideas of what to bypass.

Does anyone know what other modules there are in the fibre optic system? The car has rear dvd, reversing camera, Logic 7 Amp, NO Cd changer, cradle for a phone in the arm rest but no handset.

Im pretty lost with this, give me an old 850 any day. Any pointers would be appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you checked the loom pinout for the amp and made sure you're getting +12v, gnd, continuity between the various points?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts