BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have bought an 2009 e70 x5 with the motorised tailgate. It refused to close once when I went to see it but I put it down to the battery being low. Since it’s been fine sometimes and refused to close at others. Now it won’t close via the button on the boot at all. It will close again if I pull one of the fuses for the HKL module and re insert it. It’s not the latch if I try to drive the car with the boot opens it knows it’s open and it’s not the lower tailgate as that creates a bong when you try it close the tailgate with that open. With it closed no bong. Both the spindle struts are working, you can see and feel them twist when I push the button to close it (they try to open it more for a moment and the latch clicks). The height adjustment has stopped working too.

So I’ve checked the HKL module no water damage. I know the spindles have hall sensors but have not tested these. Has anyone had these symptoms I don’t want to pull the lifters apart or the trim if it’s the HKL module, nor do I want to replace the HKL module if it’s one or both of the lifters. And if it is the lifters / spindles has anyone had luck repairing these, at £300 ish each I don’t want to replace them if I can help it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts