1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Silly pricing likely - estimated £6-7k. I would give it a punt, but not for that moneyas I could sell mine and buy an M6 for that!!

Not sure the trannywould take that power either......

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was in contact with ESS when they were developing this kit and it does seem to be a sympathetic kit to the needs of the engine. However, since I've got one of the 'brittle' early build models with the leaking gearbox and ticking / knocking engine I'm currently getting ready to sell mine!
Before you decide to settle on this kit be aware of two things, you'll be paying a small fortune in labour unless you can fit it yourself and then get them to do the mapping. But more importantly do a bit of research on the gross power absorbed by the crank and rods vs. the net power outcome.
I maybe wrong with the difference in the figure (tried to find some literature but need to set off for work) but I'm technically correct with the theory. A mate of mine has a Brabus E55 AMG, it's pushing 583bhp (they're supercharged) now 583 horses are ace however, the supercharger puts a 'backward' or counter clockwise moment on the crank as the air being compressed through the intercooler 'fights' back against being compressed this then means added stress to the bottom end as the supercharger actually needs horse power to spin. So in theory for a supercharger to put 100hp through your propshaft it needs (circa 20hp or whatever torque) to do so. So, in order to get a net 100hp your engine has to under go 120hp to get the net benefit.
Putting that in context with the Brabus with 583 actually means that his crank, rods and shells are being subjected to a rotational force of closer to 700hp:jaw-dropping
Now his block was cast with a supercharger in mind, ours aren't. They are strong and should be fine....... as long as ALL the internals that need to be modified indeed are. At 440hp the cranks gross stress is nearer 500 for example. Like a say, I may be a little off with the figures but the engineering is correct. So basically don't think that a 440hp engine is only stressing the internals by that much, it isn't, turbos do that not S/C's
That said I would be tempted myself if I wasn't getting rid of mine:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Silly pricing likely - estimated £6-7k. I would give it a punt, but not for that moneyas I could sell mine and buy an M6 for that!!

Not sure the trannywould take that power either......
M6 has the LSD as well.... Plus a V10 wail:thumbsup plus carbon roof

·
Platinum BFuk Member
230 Posts
M6 has the LSD as well.... Plus a V10 wail:thumbsup plus carbon roof
carbon roof ?? what ya want a roof for :D summers coming (all 2weeks of it)

as the wise one says, alot of money for what your getting. sell up buy m6 (v10 mmmmm:cloud9 )

plus you got the all the added benefits, like being able to stop. and handle all the extra power

1 - 7 of 7 Posts