BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi if this has been posted somewhere else sorry but have found out there is a recent recall for the 6 series e63, phoned up my local BMW dealer and booked my car in, they told me they will need the car for half a day something to do with the battery cable . Would be a good idea to check to see if your car is included as the recall only came out a few months ago, just tap in your vin code at the BMW website to see if your car is included.
A few months ago i booked my car in for the tracking as the car felt like it was not very balanced got it done all good the car handled much better, now having driven the car no more than 1000 miles the car feels the same if not worse than before any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
They check the branching off points of the battery cables. There are apparently a couple of junctions where water can ingress resulting in trouble. One is relatively easy to solve, one is potentially difficult and requires cutting the boot floor to gain access (or so I was told by the main dealer). Very few of them require the more nuclear treatment - but they book it in for the full time on a just in case basis.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dropped my car at bmw this morning. Thay said it shouldnt take more than few hours. They just phoned me saying it will take much longer as they found something wrong with it and now will do step 2 or 3. Any ideas what that mean?

·
Registered
467 Posts
See my post above - yours looks like on of the minority with issues further along the cables where it's difficult to gain access.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Recall work complete. 7 days it took em to get it sorted at stage 3. Funny enough, it sorted problem with bad sounding passenger sub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts