BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys it’s tyre time again!! And from reading forums it looks like the oem for this car is 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 however my car seems to be running on 235/40/19 and they are Bridgestone fitted by Bmw. To make things more difficult I went to get the tyres today and the shop want to fit 245/45/19 and 275/40/19 I will admit that they are offering those sizes cheaper than what the forums say are oem but I suppose my question is can these tyres be safely fitted to a 645 I don’t fancy doing any ditch diving
Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming that payno. I wonder why they would try to fit tyres with a bigger side wall???? Would that be noticeable in drive and handling??? Would it be noticeable to look at???

·
Registered
76 Posts
There will be a 12.25mm difference in overall tyre height between the two sizes.

So an extra 6.125mm sidewall height.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply raj. That has made it different again for me. I assumed that 245/40 meant that the sidewalk was 40% of the width so wouldn’t that mean that the side wall is actually 12.25mm bigger on 245/45???. This might be a stupid question but why did you half it??? Is 12.25mm enough to cause problems with the car???

·
Super Moderator
3,412 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply Timm I always take your posts on here as gospel so I will just stick to the recommended and shell out the extra cash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts