BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I’m a new E63 635d owner, I’m new to the forum and I’ve posted a few topics on here for general advice and help and so far I’ve had nothing but great tips and a shed load of help and best if all this site seems to be troll free! So ive now decides to do a little project thread of my own. At the moment it’s completely standard and comes as I purchased it and as it goes through the stages I’ll be sure to upload as many pictures as I can. Anyway enough rambling, here’s the car (hope you like it) and I’ll keep you all updated with new pics soon thank Rik

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So today I had the headlights and all the windows tinted and also I removed the 635d badge of the tailgate ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Quick update, Had the swirl flaps removed and added a BMC panel filter. Next will be deleting the EGR valve and remap ��
can i ask why a bmc oiled cotten panel filter ?,,they do nothing but let particles through into intake and turbo etc,,and can play havoc with the maf sensor if oiled even slightly to much,,im sure they use oil the bmc filter,,,these cars do not need better air flow as they are very efficient .paper filter does what it says on the tin"filters"..good luck with the car though looks decent

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update, Had the swirl flaps removed and added a BMC panel filter. Next will be deleting the EGR valve and remap ��
can i ask why a bmc oiled cotten panel filter ?,,they do nothing but let particles through into intake and turbo etc,,and can play havoc with the maf sensor if oiled even slightly to much,,im sure they use oil the bmc filter,,,these cars do not need better air flow as they are very efficient .paper filter does what it says on the tin"filters"..good luck with the car though looks decent
I know where your coming from. And as I’m sure many BM owners will agree especially those who own an M edition. BMW have done such a great job with the original air filtration that you really don’t gain any thing from spending the money (I know this from previously owning a e46 m3) however back to my 635. Firstly the reason I replace the air filter is not for performance reasons but purely for the life long practicality in regards to I don’t have to replace it at every service. Secondly over the years I have never had no issue at all when using this particular brand of a panel filter. Unlike piper cross where they use foam which can easily gets blocked and has a tenancy to attract any dust or debris. And now your thinking well what about K&N then why BMC? As much as they are Both made in a similar method using a more quality paper and mesh style but K&N unlike BMC need to be regularly serviced and after a few years they then need to be cleaned and re oiled nearly every 6 months to keep them working at maximum performance. The BMC is not so needy and lasts a lot longer plus it does improve the cars breathing. It’s by far no where near noticeable at all and maybe only as little as 1% however it’s better and every little helps. Not forgetting it’s saving your money each service as you don’t need to replace the air filter.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I know where your coming from. And as I’m sure many BM owners will agree especially those who own an M edition. BMW have done such a great job with the original air filtration that you really don’t gain any thing from spending the money (I know this from previously owning a e46 m3) however back to my 635. Firstly the reason I replace the air filter is not for performance reasons but purely for the life long practicality in regards to I don’t have to replace it at every service. Secondly over the years I have never had no issue at all when using this particular brand of a panel filter. Unlike piper cross where they use foam which can easily gets blocked and has a tenancy to attract any dust or debris. And now your thinking well what about K&N then why BMC? As much as they are Both made in a similar method using a more quality paper and mesh style but K&N unlike BMC need to be regularly serviced and after a few years they then need to be cleaned and re oiled nearly every 6 months to keep them working at maximum performance. The BMC is not so needy and lasts a lot longer plus it does improve the cars breathing. It’s by far no where near noticeable at all and maybe only as little as 1% however it’s better and every little helps. Not forgetting it’s saving your money each service as you don’t need to replace the air filter.
yeh,,but as i said,,its not great at filtering,,better air flow but these dervs just dont need better air flow...and a paper filter from comline are only £8.14..just bought one..i replace every year around 7 k miles in my 335d,,my e90 330d has the old m57 airfilter setup..twat to replace the filter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh,,but as i said,,its not great at filtering,,better air flow but these dervs just dont need better air flow...and a paper filter from comline are only £8.14..just bought one..i replace every year around 7 k miles in my 335d,,my e90 330d has the old m57 airfilter setup..twat to replace the filter
Mate we all have our personal opinions and different ways of doing things. And to be fair I dont care for you opinion. There’s a saying I think “if you got nothing nice to say, then don’t say nothing at all”

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally received the V5 for my BM today so was able to transfer my private plate and being that I’m doing a black on black theme. I bought them in the old classic plate style with a black background with silver letters and numbers. What’s your opinions? I think they look really good!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here’s the latest pics of my E63 (before and after) so far. I think it’s looking a lot better and meaner! Hope you all like it ? let me know your thoughts thanks

So far Its had.....Full tints inc headlights, black white badges, rear debadged, 249 wheels, black plates

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts