BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there,

My sunroof bellows have ripped despite some Gummi Pflege and I'm wondering if they are salvagable with some rubberised tape, or whether I need to find the part and figure out how to swap them.

If I did do the tape option, I'm bit worried it would affect how the seal 'folded' as it would be thicker at certain parts etc. Having done a bit of searching, I have found a few posts on servicing the whole sunroof mechanism, but to my untrained eye the seals look pretty difficult to get to a point where I can get them off and replace them! Gives a good chance to give in between the seals and the 'hard to get to areas' a good clean out too.

100% open to inspiration!

Inside seal is OK b outside, ripped.

PS I have washed it this morning!

EDIT: Exterior boot right and left would be the part numbers I guess?

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
have good look for some very small screws i am sure they are not to hard to get off,
on my x3 i took the glass off when i was fiddling with mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kib,

Are the screws accessible from the top / outside? or from inside the car after trying to take the bellows off?

I will have a look once stops raining!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Inside once you take the bellows off - three each side, two at the rear and one at the front. All torx drive - t25 if I recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I will have a search of YouTube / the forums to find a guide to get the inner bellows off, so I can get to the screws, to get the outer bellows off and replaced.

Hopefully without destroying the inner bellows too :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts