BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Both of my off-side 18 inch run-flats are showing bulges in the sidewall - I guess due to pot hole damage :mad

I'm looking to use this as a chance to move away from the run-flats. I would prefer not to replace all 4 tyres if possible so wanted to check if it was possible to move both the near-side tyres to one axle and if so should it be the front or rear.

Also would it be possible to put asymmetrical normal tyres on the other axle?

Cheers in advance for any help you can give me!

Rory

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Providing they're the same size, the rotation direction is correct and they're on the same axle -yes. I'd put the worn tyres on the rear if there's a choice (I assume you haven't got staggered?)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
as said or do as i did - replace all 4 and sell the 2 decent rft's on ebay. Many owners out here that don't know they can move away from RFT's and so look for 2nd hand ones to save money

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don't mix run flats and non run flats, i.e run flats on one axle, non run flats on another it will wreck your handling, do as previously suggested and sell the RFTs on e-bay.

Also you will find that the car will handle better on Extra load XL versions of non run flats. I've used both Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta on my E92 335i, both are very good the Vredesteins a bargain. In the boot I've got a Continental Comfortkit in case of punctures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts