BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I viewed a car a week or so that was a 520d m sport touring which halva power opening boot - however one of the struts had failed, so I was just wondering if anyone knew how muchba part like this would cost?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
388 Posts
Your local dealer's your best bet. I wouldn't have thought you'd get much change from £300, if not more!!
I rang mine to find out what oil the system uses last week but he swore blind there was no way he could tell on the computer and it wasn't marked on the bottle. Obviously bmw do know so whether my stealer is just daft or trying to live up to his name I don't know, but the bottle of oil, half a litre, and an o ring was £66!
Made even worse by the fact that I'm pretty sure it power steering fluid but IF ANYONES READING THIS DON'T TRY THAT UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SURE as some small hydraulic pumps can be extremely finicky!
I am finding out very soon so I will post a how to with the correct grade oil if anyone wants to know.
Have you tried scrappys?? I wouldn't have thought you'd have much luck with them as they would probably sell them as a complete retrofit system but worth a go maybe??
Just out of interest post how much they are when you find out. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts