BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question. Recently bought an e60 520d M Sport and have just noticed that the vertical bulb leveller wheel to the right of the steering wheel does nothing for the headlights when moved resulting in my already crappy projector haolgens staying in their lowest position lighting up hardly any road in front of me. Any idea what the culprit could be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Fuse?

Stock diags, see if power at the adjustment end and/or the rotary switch end, you DO have a multimeter don't you? :)

I've had good results with Osram Nightbreakers in a Skoda, as replacements for standard halogens, and been done several times on here folk putting LED dips as straight replacement, the LED light source is pretty close to the halogen bulbs.... apparently :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. I'll check the fuses tomorrow and go from there. Was actually planning on Nightbreakers soon but if I can get LEDs that fit into the projector lens without modification, I'd be interested in going that route.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Yeah, right area, there's the big veined heatsinks which can cause a space problem depending on room to fit, the ones with a fan, and the silver dangly bits which help cooling...

"depending on room to fit" - but I think least one guy on here or another forum shaped the plastic heatsink to be able to refit the headlight seal thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.