BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does the next gen of the 5-series come out? I've heard 2010, 2011, and 2012 - which means it could range from being available in 6 months to almost 3 years from now.

Anyone have any information on this?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey,

I've been wanting to know the same as well and this is what I have found...

This is what I've heard from a mate who knows someone or another that works for BMW, the new 5 series will be appearing in 2010 not too sure what time during it though, and the M5 of that version which will be the E....whatever will be coming out in late 2011 to 2012.

Just had a look on a website and this is what they rekon...
"There's a 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six in the 540i, a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V-8 in the 550i, and a twin-turbo clean diesel. Even the M5 will switch from the ultra-high-revving V-10 to a turbo V-8. Hybrids will likely be available as both full dual-mode and mild types, depending on how they're received in the upcoming X6 and 7 Series hybrid"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hrm, so if the new 5 is appearing in 2010, that means that part way through 2009 they will be releasing the '10 model. So if I bought a E60 I would only have about a year of use in a 'current' frame car...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Seen sly pics of new twin turbo engines very weird, turbos are in the 'V' and inlets are where exh manifolds usually are. be out in f01 1st and x6 then 'M' version for new m5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts