BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm now shopping for a 530d/535d, i got the okay from my boss to trump his car :hihi In terms of E90's I knew everything there was to know from researching far too much on them. I don't know that much about the E60's though.

From what I understand the earlier E60's (2003-2004) had some problems with the idrive, and there was an engine lift in 2007 57 to give another 7hp on the 530d / not sure how much on the 535d but they both get the efficient dynamics. So is there a specific date / model that I should avoid or look for? When were things changed and how do I identify that? What options break all the time? M Sport or SE ? Feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah hah, so 2005 is the intro of the 231BHP engine from the 218BHP engine. Any idea which reg this changed on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
535d is what i would aspire to.276 bhp,M sport just looks and handles so much better...I have a 525d m sport.There is not a lot that beats it at the lights when ds is selected...Turns heads especially with privacy glass in back end.Dark silver is the best colour in my opinion........

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah agree on the dark silver colour and tints(only proper ones though) 535d M from 2007 gets the 10 bhp increase, but apparently both pre 05 and post 07 versions can be remapped up to 313 and 535 d m sport is twin tubo so has much better low end torque whereas the 530d m sport is only single turbo and changes down more often apparently. If you buy an SE you will be gutted over the drab ol dman look of it as soon as you start recognising the M sport coming towarsd you (the front end is identicle to an M5)
Bests
Rog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts