BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi lads any other suggestions, I'm at a wits end now. Thought the glow plug relay was faulty and changed again but still have the same issue.

Cable to the relay looked fine too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi mate haven't got a clue, i'm not really up to speed on the leak off test, but the indie did say it was fine.
He mentioned it may be the crank sensor, could this be the case?
A crankshaft sensor could prevent an engine from starting, but you started it by using Easy Start so it would suggest the sensor is okay. The Indy would have started it for the leak test; I am sure the engine should run at idle to perform a leak-test. It points to low rail pressure, so you need the Indy mechanic to give you some data from the leak-off test.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Injector leak off has to be measured manually while engine running.
I have seen it done, but have never performed it myself. I thought the engine had to be running at idle, and then you check which injectors, if any, are failing to meet the tolerance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have seen it done, but have never performed it myself. I thought the engine had to be running at idle, and then you check which injectors, if any, are failing to meet the tolerance.
Injector leak off has to be measured manually while engine running.

View attachment 268942
Hi guys , an update, the glow plug module is not responsive on ista , this is the 2nd one I've changed so it must be another issue causing the non responsiveness any ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Hi guys , an update, the glow plug module is not responsive on ista , this is the 2nd one I've changed so it must be another issue causing the non responsiveness any ideas ?
One typical culprit is the voltage supply from alternator to glow module (the separate round plug).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is there any way of checking my correct one is at fault?
I've read about this before; in fact, it was @Clavurion who said it was often the cable at fault and not the modules which then received a bad reputation for the wrong reason. I assume you could disconnect both ends, clean up the connections and see if it improves things?
If mine is anything to go by the module connector will be covered in gunk!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've read about this before; in fact, it was @Clavurion who said it was often the cable at fault and not the modules which then received a bad reputation for the wrong reason. I assume you could disconnect both ends, clean up the connections and see if it improves things?
If mine is anything to go by the module connector will be covered in gunk!
Thanks bud , would a multi meter on the end not work? To test etc

21 - 40 of 71 Posts