BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting my 530d 170000 miles carbon cleaned, a lad at work had his 2.0d audi done and he reckons its worth it.
Whats everyone`s thoughts on this would it be beneficial or not

·
Registered
100 Posts
having ripped of inlet/egr, manifold to zorst system to clean carbon buildup...can't see how cycling fluid (mainly water) from airbox around the system for a short period of time is going to do much. lack of proof with this stuff makes it snake oil to me

·
Registered
107 Posts
having ripped of inlet/egr, manifold to zorst system to clean carbon buildup...can't see how cycling fluid (mainly water) from airbox around the system for a short period of time is going to do much. lack of proof with this stuff makes it snake oil to me
There is good evidence for incylinder cleaning effect from the steam produced, which may well have a benefit to egr valve, turbo etc.

I would expect less effect for inlet, altho the water with be vapourised due to heating in turbo during air being compressed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
There is another cleaning system - Terraclean, which I believe uses walnut shells to clean off the carbon, which apparently works very well - may be worth a shot!

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is good evidence for incylinder cleaning effect from the steam produced, which may well have a benefit to egr valve, turbo etc.

I would expect less effect for inlet, altho the water with be vapourised due to heating in turbo during air being compressed.

Do you have a link?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m sure terraclean is a system that hat runs a purer fuel through the injector side of things, not walnut shell blasting which is a an inlet manifold off job and compressed air and the medium of walnut shells being directed at the back of the inlet ports. Manila labour involved not a machine that does it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
The active ingredient in Terraclean is PEA (Polyether Amine) additive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Carbon cleaning and terraclean are very different. But terraclean do offer a manifold clean too which is not the same as their normal fuel system clean service.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Run 3 gallons of quality paraffin per tank . cheaper and really does something . 2 stroke oil also gets put in every fill up. Terraclean !!!! you pay for a machine and a quick course .then you spam face book pages with bullshit claims !

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks people, got it booked in on Thurs afternoon for hydrogen carbon clean, will let you know if the car feels/responds any different, if there is any improvement it will be £89 well spent.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had the job done car seems to start better first thing in the morning, its instant seems smoother and more responsive, will see how the fuel does but I would say for a little improvement overall its worth £89

1 - 12 of 12 Posts